No matter how much we plan, life can throw us curveballs. Whether planned or unplanned, life’s curveballs catapult us into a different life transition and dealing with them can be challenging. Transitions can include but are not limited to: graduating college and entering the workforce, getting laid off, moving, and dealing with a relationship break up. Transitions can last between a few short days to long periods of time and can make anyone feel unsettled and anxious. Many times before I've heard, “I’m scared of the unknown. How am I supposed to know what should happen next? How do I know I am making the right decision?”Understandably, navigating through life transitions can be anxiety provoking and emotionally challenging. Here are a few tips to help guide you through uncertain times:
- Known that it is OKAY to feel anxious.
- Having a POSITIVE attitude goes a long way.
- Think about what you’re meant to embrace in the next phase of your life.
- Set realistic goals and expectations for yourself. Work diligently towards your goals. And don’t forget to acknowledge your progress along the way.
- Lean on your support system.
- Remember transitions are temporary… things will settle.
As cliché as the saying goes, when one chapter closes another one always opens. If you can muster the strength and focus to navigate through your life transition, something positive and meaningful will come of it and it will give you a chance to learn something about yourself.If navigating your life transition has become too difficult to deal on your own, please contact me for help!